1Password Updater needs to be updated

Pete Siemsen
Pete Siemsen
Community Member

I recently upgraded from 1Password 6 to 1Password 7. Now I get warnings that 1Password needs to be updated, to the version that I'm running. The attached screenshot may help explain the problem - it seem that 1Password Updater is out-of-date, but 1Password itself is not.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Pete Siemsen - sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the detailed screenshot! That does seem odd. The updater version goes right along with the version of 1Password for Mac, so I'm thinking the reason you'd be seeing that would be a function of you having other copies of 1Password 6 for Mac somewhere on your Mac (possibly an external backup drive?). What happens if you open 1Password 7 for Mac and click "Check for updates" from within it? Do you still see the updater with the 6.8.9 tag? Or something else?

• Pete Siemsen
    Pete Siemsen
    Community Member

I get "You are up to date. Thank you for running the latest version of 1Password!"

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Pete Siemsen - OK, thank -- that supports what I was suspecting. Open Spotlight and type in 1Password. Give it a minute to let it call up everything, then scroll down to the bottom of the list in the left sidebar and double-click "Show all in Finder." In the window that pops up, make sure you're searching "This Mac," not any sub-folder, then scroll down until you see the group sorted by "Kind - Application." There should be only one in there. Do you see more than one? If so, are any of the other apps perhaps version 6?

• Pete Siemsen
    Pete Siemsen
    Community Member
  • Pete Siemsen
    Pete Siemsen
    Community Member

1Password 6 was in ~=Downloads. I deleted it. Do I need to do anything else to ensure that I'm running 1Password Updater for version 7?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Pete Siemsen - I'd consider restarting your Mac, but other than that, no. :)

This discussion has been closed.