Help with downloading an upgrade for my 1Password 7 App on MacBook 10.13.6

Murrayd840
Murrayd840
Community Member

Why don't you respond to my plea for help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Help with downloading an upgrade for my 1Password 7 App on MacBook 10.13.6

Comments

• Murrayd840
    Murrayd840
    Community Member

I wish to load an update for 1Password 7. Currently I have 1Password 7 version 7.0.1. I work on a MacBook version 10.13.6. My error message that stalls the update is "can't download since you have an active 1Password App running" (but I do not, and have deleted my previous version in Findings). How can I proceed effectively? Doug

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Murrayd840! What you'll need to do is make sure all components of 1Password for Mac are quit. Look at your Mac's menubar: do you see the 1Password mini icon there? If so, hold down the Option key on your Mac ( ⌥ ), and click that icon. You'll see the option to "Quit 1Password completely." Or, if you prefer, launch the main app again from your Applications folder, then Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). After that, you should be able to update.

• Murrayd840
    Murrayd840
    Community Member

What's a body?
    Why don't you respond?

• Murrayd840
    Murrayd840
    Community Member

This is a sorry way to treat customers.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@Murrayd840 This is a public support forum, not a chat room. It is also the weekend, so there are probably fewer support people working than usual. And support personnel respond on an oldest-to-newest basis, so continually adding comments moves you request farther down the list. It would also help to give a little more info on what exactly your difficult is. HTH

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Murrayd840,

Have you seen and tried what Lars suggested a couple days ago? I've merged that original discussion with the newer one where you asked for more help so we can keep this conversation all together.

• Murrayd840
    Murrayd840
    Community Member

SJK, I owe you an apology. I did go back and find Lars suggestion. It seems to have worked. I trust that I now have the upgrade. Will be back if I have further questions. I notice that Shawn Blanc is offering a tutor program for price of $23.00. Interesting! Doug

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Murrayd840 - no worries. :) Glad you seem to be back up and running; let us know how you like Shawn's course if you decide to take it.

• Joleen
    Joleen
    Community Member

1Password team,
    I have also had this same exact problem since the update came out in earlier this summer. I had the looping problem when trying to update the app. It said that the 1Password app needed to be closed completely and would close 1Password once I hit Continue. It looped like that until I closed the App Store app completely. So per this thread, I hit Option+Control while selecting quit 1Password and that closed 1Password on my Mac completely. I was then able to successfully update the 1Password app on my MBP. It is updated now. Thanks so much for the help. This forum is great.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Joleen! That's awesome - I'm glad you were able to use something here to help you solve a problem you were having with your own 1Password setup. And thanks for the kind words. We do try pretty hard to make sure we help everyone we can here on the forum - and anyone else who comes along later and reads an older thread. So it's always nice for us to know that we did help someone. :) You made my day. Enjoy yours!

This discussion has been closed.