In the 1Password browser apps, the functionality to copy text out of the notes field has changed

InTheRealWorld
InTheRealWorld
Community Member

Hello,

I am running 1Password 7.0.7 on Mac OS X High Sierra. This issue is occurring in the browser apps for Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

In one of the recent updates, the ability to copy text out of the notes field in the browser apps has changed significantly.

Before, I could highlight any specific text and copy it to the clipboard. Now, everytime I click anywhere in the notes field, it copies the entire contents of the notes field to the clipboard. This is not what I want to do. I appreciated the ability to store secondary password and small information bits there so I could grab just a portion out. Copying the entire contents is much less useful to me because I don't often need to paste all of it in somewhere.

I like the addition of the copy button in the notes field, but not the loss of the ability to highlight and copy specific text.

Was this an intentional change?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Default... iCloud?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@InTheRealWorld please see this post and the AgileBits' response to it. In short, a fix will be forthcoming in due course.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@InTheRealWorld - something like this will show up in the beta channel first; if you'd like to jump on the beta train, go to Preferences > Updates and check the box marked "Include beta builds" -- that should get you where you want to be, soonest. Thanks for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.