How do I recover my logins and notes on my mac running 1password 6.8.9? Everything is missing

dslice
dslice
Community Member

This evening when I opened 1Password 6 on my macbook pro, all login items and secure notes are missing. I sync via icloud and the information is still intact when viewed on my iphone or ipad. I looked at the backups and it says a backup was done with over 1000 items this afternoon but when I tried to restore it, nothing still shows up. How do I recover from this?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: none. using the app itself
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:On 1password 6.8.9 on my mac, all items are gone. still there on iphone. how to recover?

Comments

• dslice
    dslice
    Community Member

I also tried syncing again from icloud but still nothing in 1password

• dslice
    dslice
    Community Member

Never mind. I was able to restore an older backup (about a week old) and it populated the database on the app. I then restarted the sync process and it appears to be up to date.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @dslice! I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. Or rather, were having. I'm glad to hear you were able to sort this out, but 1Password never just randomly "eats" your passwords -- which is true in your case, as the passwords were available on your other devices syncing with the same file. I'm guessing this may have been a display issue - you may have been viewing something that wasn't All Vaults, something that truly was empty, without realizing it. But at this point, if you're back up and running on all devices, there isn't much possibility of troubleshooting, since you've removed whatever the issue was. Let us know if you have any further problems, however. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.