Sync issues with agilebits.com 1password

GabrielleGinder
GabrielleGinder
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Mac

I downloaded 1password on my phone and Mac with agilebits. It won't sync - I use iCloud. When I go to the program on my Mac under preferences there are no places to check for updates.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS High Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @GabrielleGinder! Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing.

When I go to the program on my Mac under preferences there are no places to check for updates.

Here's how to check for updates:

1. Open 1Password and unlock with your Master Password
    2. Click "1Password" in the top left of your screen, in your Mac's menubar.
    3. In the menu that drops down, click "Preferences."
    4. In the window that pops up look at the tabs along the top; one should be called "Updates."
    5. In that tab, click "Check now."

Having said that, 6.8.9 is the most-current release of 1Password 6 for Mac, so there won't be any updates available for it. While you're in Preferences window, please click the "Sync" tab and let me know what it says your vault is using for sync. In 1Password for iOS on your iPhone, please check Settings > Sync and let me know that as well. Thanks!

• GabrielleGinder
    GabrielleGinder
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

See? there is no option for updates anywhere!

For sync, it says Sync Primary with iCloud on my MAC
    On my iPhone it says same thing: Primary with iCloud.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@GabrielleGinder - ah, then that probably means you downloaded your copy of 1Password 6 for Mac from the Mac App Store, not from us. If so, updates are performed automatically, via the Mac App Store, like any other app you acquire that way. Is that not how you've done it in the past? At any rate, if you're using 6.8.9, that's the most-recent version of 1Password 6 for Mac.

So I guess my next question would be: when you say "it won't sync," what makes you think that? Can you tell me specifically what happened (and what steps you took) that makes you think two instances of 1Password using the same Apple ID/iCloud account are not syncing with one another? Thanks.

• GabrielleGinder
    GabrielleGinder
    Community Member

I have recently added two logins on my MAC that are not syncing to my phone. MY phone will say it is syncing but those logins are not showing up on my phone.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@GabrielleGinder - OK, thanks. On your Mac, if you go to Preferences > Vaults, what do you see there? And on your iPhone, if you visit Settings > Vaults, does it look the same? Or are there different vaults?

• GabrielleGinder
    GabrielleGinder
    Community Member

Sorry about the delay - I had meetings all last night.
    SO my iPhone says Primary
    but there are NO vaults listed on my MAC. It's blank

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@GabrielleGinder - ok, something's definitely not right if you have no vaults at all on your Mac. At this point, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#FMD-46328-388]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @GabrielleGinder only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: FMD-46328-388

• GabrielleGinder
    GabrielleGinder
    Community Member

ok. I did one from phone and one from Mac.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.