Odd dropbox sync behavior on MacBook Pro.

irishsgd
irishsgd
Community Member

After WEEKS of back and forth with Laura at 1Password Support, she has thrown up her hands and said "I'm sorry my steps didn't help, that makes no sense to me so maybe its a good time to retire that MacBook Pro." (Late 2013). Believe it or not, I have the email string to prove it.

After following her steps -- for at least the 2nd time -- to perfection, the problem remains, which is this: Dropbox syncs perfectly between iMac (older than the MacBook), 2 iphones and 2 ipads = 982 items. When MacBook Pro (MBP) syncs, 1Passwords counts up to 982, vascillates a bit and then counts down to settle on 658. Laura told me the steps would get rid of some 324ish "deleted files" still lingering on the MBP (as indicated by diagnostic report prepared and sent to her). Apparently it has not.

I have asked repeatedly for some higher level support that she does not understand ("makes no sense"). Well it clearly makes no sense to me either!! Hence I've been trying to get help. She has not been able. Instead of asking for further help from the "support team" at 1Password, she advises me to shell out a few grand on a new computer, when this one works just fine for everything EXCEPT 1Password.

I really hope a person picks up on this thread and reaches out directly and personally (as I have asked of Laura multiple times).
Her flowchart does not answer my problem, no matter how many times we run through it. Her "hammer" is for "nails" only, and clearly I am dealing with a "screw" (or being screwed).

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@irishsgd - I'm sorry for the trouble you've been experiencing getting 1Password synced across your devices via Dropbox. I've read over your thread so far, and since we seem to be deep into the weeds of your specific 1Password setup, I think it's better for us to continue the conversation via email rather than in this public forum. I'll reply to you there in a bit, just wanted to make you aware here first. Thanks for your patience, and hang on for just a bit. :)

ref: WGV-73773-149

This discussion has been closed.