1P 7.0.7 + Canary Version 70.0.3523.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit)

kapanka
kapanka
Community Member

Can't get it to work at all. Confirmed everything is in /Applications and I tried the 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json hack already and that just made things worse.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.6 (17G65)
Sync Type: iCloud & Membership

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @kapanka! I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing just now, but without a little more information it's difficult to say what might be wrong. What does "can't get it to work at all" mean? You can't unlock 1Password with your Master Password? 1Password won't launch? You can't fill passwords into Canary? Something else? The more detail you can give us, the easier it's likely to be for us to help you.

• kapanka
    kapanka
    Community Member

I launch Canary and it makes me promise I'll restart my browser. Then, when I try to use the 1P extension, 1P opens and says I need to install the extension (which is already installed). If I do the 2bua8c4s2c hack, it warns me that 1P only works with signed browsers and also won't fill in passwords. So by "doesn't work at all" I mean, "doesn't perform the promised functionality of filling in passwords".

1P works fine in the desktop app and all "major" browsers I'm using (Firefox, Chrome, Safari). It doesn't "work" in Chrome Canary.

• kapanka
    kapanka
    Community Member

Sorry I was away for an extended vacation, just getting back to this. I'll re-read the directions and try again.

• @kapanka,

No worries, you'll also want to update 1Password to 7.1.2 (the current release) or 7.2 (the release that's shipping on Monday). As it fixes a number of behavioral issues once you get Chrome working.

• kapanka
    kapanka
    Community Member

Using 7.1.2, re-following the directions seems to have worked this time. Still don't see 7.2 release. I'm going to leave this open for today to see if the behavior reverts (which is what happened before).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kapanka - sounds good. Let us know if you need anything further. :)

This discussion has been closed.