passwords not saved

kdeemer
kdeemer
Community Member

I have just gone in an changed scores of logins. 1Password saves the new login, but doesn't save the old password in the Passwords tab like I thought it was supposed to. Even though I have updated 20 or more logins, there is no entry for today on the Passwords tab

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:passwords not saved

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kdeemer - I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing just now. Can you tell me how specifically you're changing the passwords? Are you doing that within 1Password for Mac itself, or on a website, then allowing 1Password to offer to save changes?

• kdeemer
    kdeemer
    Community Member

I’m using 1Password to login with the current password, then changing it and allowing 1Password to generate a new password, then clicking on Update Existing to have 1Password save the new login.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kdeemer - how are you changing your passwords? Manually by typing in a new one? Changing it at the site in question and allowing 1Password to save the changes? This is the recommended practice for changing passwords. If done this way, 1Password should always save a copy of the previously-used password for you.

This discussion has been closed.