No items are displayed

Thomass
Thomass
Community Member

I purchased a standalone license for 1password 7 and I imported a backup from 1password6 (.1p4_zip file) and after entering the Master password I see no items although it displays the number of items that should be there. I have tried everything without any success :(

Can anyone help me or is this a bug?

1Password Version: 7.07
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Thomass! it's a bug. Thanks for reporting; we're already aware of this one and working on a fix. Try locking 1Password with the 1Password > Lock command (or ^ ⌥ ⌘ ⇧ L ) and then unlocking again with your Master Password. We hope to have a fix for this out soon -- and to be clear, your actual data are not at any risk at all; this is a display-refresh issue only. Thanks for your patience, and for letting us know.

• Thomass
    Thomass
    Community Member

Ok that's a relief indeed. I have tried locking and unlocking and randomly maybe one or a few of the items are displayed. I'll wait for the update then. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@Thomass - yeah, and I don't even have any better workaround for you. :( That's part of the troubleshooting process: figuring out why this is happening to only a subset of our users and under what conditions. I'm really sorry you've been bitten by this one, and we hope to have it addressed soon. Something like that would appear first in the betas -- if you want to try that, you can go to 1Password's Preferences > Updates and check the box marked "Include beta builds." Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Thomass
    Thomass
    Community Member

@Lars I have installed the latest beta already but it does not solve this issue unfortunately. I'll have to wait it seems.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, as Lars mentioned, "something like that would appear first in the betas", but we're still "working on a fix". Thanks for your patience in the mean time. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.