Every day 1Password 7.0.7 becomes non-responsive on my mac and I have to force quit.

brihines
brihines
Community Member

As noted above I'm using v. 7.0.7 and Safari 11.1.2, with Mac OS 10.13.6 1Password locks up every day, and I have to do a force quit. Not sure how syncing is happening. This language is in the 1Password preferences. "This Mac is set up to run a 1Password WLAN server which includes syncing of this vault to iOS devices."

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7,2
OS Version: OS X 10,13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Every day 1Password 7.0.7 becomes non-responsive on my mac and I have to force quit.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @brihines! Can you give us a little more information? When you say "locks up," what do you mean? Do you get the beachball, or does a particular function just not work the way you expect? Does it happen reliably each time, or only under certain circumstances (and if so, what circumstances trigger it)?

• brihines
    brihines
    Community Member

What I mean by "locks up" is that 1Password is completely non-responsive. Clicking on either the main program in the Mac dock, or on the Safari mini-program, does nothing. I have to go to the Apple "Force Quit" function to force quit the non-responsive 1Password. Then it works OK, until the next time this happens. There's no beachball. There's just nothing, a completely non-responsive program.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@brihines - thanks for the clarification. Do you notice any pattern to this? Does it happen immediately? Within 5 minutes? Only after 1Password has been open for a long time? After filling or saving? Only when locked?

• brihines
    brihines
    Community Member

Well, today it happened after my computer hadn't been used all night. So I guess it happens after 1Password has been open a long time. By the way, I submitted several previous comments, but since they haven't shown up, I'll repeat myself.

• brihines
    brihines
    Community Member

Well, today it happened after my computer hadn't been used all night. So I guess it usually, or often, happens when iPassword hasn't been used for a long time. Today I had to do another force quit, then 1Password works OK for a while.

• brihines
    brihines
    Community Member

Well, today it happened in the morning, after my computer hasn't been used all night. I believe this is when it usually happens. So I guess it happens after 1Password has been open for a long time. Again, I have to force quit 1Password when this happens, then 1Password works for a while.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@brihines - OK. Sorry to hear this is still bothering you. At this point, to get a better idea of what might be causing things to jam up after a while, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#SSW-68184-313]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

ref: SSW-68184-313

This discussion has been closed.