Autofill and Associated Domains

johnsbrayton
johnsbrayton
Community Member

I am excited to see the 1Password beta with support for AutoFill. It seems to work really well, but I have one concern.

When my app, Unread, prompts for a username and password with text fields, 1Password only shows usernames and passwords for goldenhillsoftware.com. I assume this is because Unread has oauth.goldenhillsoftware.com as an associated domain. However Unread is requesting credentials for third party services such as Feed Wrangler and Feedbin.

If an app has no associated domains, 1Password allows the user to choose any username and password. However if the app has an associated domain, 1Password limits the available credentials. I appreciate why 1Password would limit available credentials by default, but the ability to access credentials outside of the app's associated domains is very important in some circumstances.

Thank you for the great work on 1Password!

John

1Password Version: 7.2 (70200001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12 developer beta 9 (16A5362a)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• johnsbrayton
    johnsbrayton
    Community Member

My initial post failed to put this in the requested format.

Is this bug reproducible?

yes

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices and/or computers?

I produced it on iPhone X. I assume the issue is not device-specific, but I did not confirm this.

A quick summary of the bug:

See above.

Detailed, step-by-step list on how to reproduce it:

1. If you do not already have one, create a login for Feedbin.
    2. Download Unread to the device (free download) from the App Store.
    3. Add a Feedbin account to Unread, and try to use AutoFill. You will not be able to use your Feedbin login credentials.

Versions of 1Password you're using on the devices and computers involved

1Password 7.2 (70200001), iOS 12 developer beta 9 (16A5362a) on iPhone X

• Hey @johnsbrayton, thanks for the bug report. This is the first actual use case I've seen for someone wanting to be able to search all credentials that really makes me pause. I know you have the 1Password button in those sign-in forms and that will continue to work well, but you're right that it would be nice to be able to search the Password AutoFill extension for all logins as well…

For now we have no plans to change this, but we will be discussing it more internally.

• johnsbrayton
    johnsbrayton
    Community Member

Thank you, @MrRooni!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for bringing this up! It's a good problem to have, considering that autofill is breaking new ground here on iOS. Definitely worth some reflection. :)

This discussion has been closed.