How to import login data from Safari autofill passwords to 1Password?

missusfly
missusfly
Community Member

Seems like this should be easy, but…not finding any obvious method. Using Safari on a Mac. Have been saving login data in Safari for years. Lots of login data. Is there a way to port those data from Safari into 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to import autofill login data from Safari to 1Password?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @missusfly! Sadly, no. There's no easy way to export data from within Safari to another method of saving/managing passwords. What I'd recommend you do is install 1Password and use it "organically" - i.e: just use your computer as you normally would, and when you visit sites for which you have an account, sign in...but allow 1Password to save each new site it comes across. In a few weeks of normal use, you should have most of your data "migrated" that way. And you can always visit Safari's Preferences and check through the list of passwords there to see if you missed any in 1Password. I'm sorry there's not a more-elegant means to do that currently, but that's the current state of play. You may want to see this thread for a fuller explanation.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2018

@missusfly @Lars

Recently, I wrote a script that might be able to help you. See:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/455305/#Comment_455305

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@MrC - thanks for that! Hadn't caught up to that one yet (nor tested it, obviously).

This discussion has been closed.