No sync icon in my 1Password 7.07 Preferences menu. Can't choose Dropbox file to sync to

drharry
drharry
Community Member

On my iMac (OS 10.12.6) running 1Password 7.07 I am syncing to a Dropbox file (1Password.opvault). On my MacBook Pro running 1Password 7.07 I am syncing to a personal file. I would like to change the sync on the MacBook to the Dropbox file, but there is no "Sync" icon in the preferences menu. Help!

1Password Version: 7.07 on both computers
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6 on MacBook Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:No sync icon in my 1Password 7.07 Preferences menu. Can't choose Dropbox file to sync to

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

HI there @drharry

The only reason for sync options to not show up in preferences would be that you are using a 1Password membership on that device. When using a membership, the sync options are hidden because they are necessary. Your data is automatically synced through our service, no 3rd party services such as Dropbox needed.

If that is the case and you are using a membership on that device, I would instead recommend that you switch the iMac over to using your 1Password membership rather than the other way around. Take a look at https://support.1password.com/add-account for instructions on adding your account to the iMac.

ref: UFL-76828-367

This discussion has been closed.