sync problem with 7.2 beta

Options
feifeigxx
feifeigxx
Community Member

I use dropbox for sync, and after install the 7.2 beta it no longer sync, when I push the sync button in the app, it doesn't seems to do anything.
Here is a screen record for the problem
https://d.pr/v/0A5L7c

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS12
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing here… All Vaults say that they have never synced. Pressing the Sync button does nothing either.

• w00dy1981
    w00dy1981
    Community Member
    Options

Me to I am not getting Dropbox sync to work either

• evanmoore
    evanmoore
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Yes. I just joined the beta program yesterday and the beta iOS app is not getting the synced passwords from my dropbox account. It does have permission to do so, but the sync never occurs and Last Sync always says "Never". I checked the 1password app, dropbox settings, and everything has permission.

I have 1password 7.2 on iOS 12 (16A5364a). I'm using 1password 6.8.9 on macOS is 10.11.2 (El Capitan)

Can anyone confirm if icloud syncing works? This issue should be pinned. I can't imagine anyone who uses 1password doesn't sync their devices.

• evanmoore
    evanmoore
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

FYI. Just to verify I'm not crazy. I uninstalled the 7.2 beta on my iOS device (same device described above). I reinstalled the latest iOS 1password app that's in app store. I was able to sync using dropbox just fine. I then reinstalled the 1password 7.2 beta from TestFlight and the dropbox sync no longer would kick off.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thanks all of you for getting in touch about this. I'm sorry for the trouble. We've been able to reproduce the issue and are investigating the cause. It appears that the initial Dropbox sync works but no changes are being received after that. We'll see what we can do to get this fixed in the beta quickly.

ref: apple-2057

• evanmoore
    evanmoore
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thanks for verifying. I switched my sync to iCloud and that's working. Apparently only a few people in the beta use dropbox to sync, because I'm seeing a ton of beta feedback in the rest of the forum and I'm like... "Why aren't more people thanking you? Oh... I bet everyone is using iCloud" and sure enough iCloud works great! Keep up the great work!

• kc6108
    kc6108
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing this as well. I sent in a diagnostic report stating the same.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@evanmoore: Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad that using iCloud is a feasible workaround for you for the time being.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kc6108: I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We'll get this sorted.

• mattyg151
    mattyg151
    Community Member
    Options

Also seeing the sync issue and does look like it works on the first sync. I re-established the Dropbox link for both my vaults and the initial sync picked up changes but then changes after that didn't sync.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for confirming! We're looking into it.

• acarling
    acarling
    Community Member
    Options

Dropbox sync seems to be broken for me since upgrading to the beta - or at the very least in beta versions 70200002 & 70200003.

It says "Last Sync" was "Never", and when I press the "Sync Now" button nothing really happens in the UI.

1Password Version: 70200003
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 12 Beta 10
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@acarling: Indeed, sorry for the trouble there. We're investigating the cause.

• Hi folks. Just bringing this one back around, Dropbox sync should be working fine again as of beta 5. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.