Passwords no longer working :-(

Options
Chardy
Chardy
Community Member

Hi there,
a couple of days ago my bank account login details (which I use daily, have worked for years, and haven't been changed for months) would not be accepted and I was locked out of my bank's system, resulting in a 3 day wait while new account login info is generated and posted to me.
The assured me I had entered the info wrongly, as it couldn't be a problem with their system.

Today, I can't log in to my email provider as credentials aren't correct. (stored password plus one-time generated code)

I'm clearly more than a little concerned, and although I've contacted Protonmail to see if it's an error their end, it seems like a coincidence.

Could you please assure me 1Password isn't the point of failure?
Thanks
James

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.BETA-4 (70100004) AgileBit
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password family subscription

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Chardy! Unfortunately, I can't really say anything at all with any certainty about the contents of your data, since we don't have/don't see it. But you can check yourself by finding your bank's entry in 1Password and looking at "last modified" at the bottom of the record.

It IS possible your system time is off from the real time just enough to make the TOTP secret (2FA) wrong, which could make the login fail. Is your system time set correctly? Also: you do need to be sure to enter/paste the TOTP code quickly, because it will be invalidated every 30 seconds. Has this issue happened only on sites where you've got TOTP enabled? Or does it happen also on sites where you don't.

This discussion has been closed.