Cannot Use iCloud Sync From macOS

Options
jackbauer
jackbauer
Community Member

This is in the latest version of 1Password, currently. I have a local vault "ON MY MAC". If I go to Preferences -> Sync, select my Primary vault and select "Sync Primary vault with iCloud", a prompt comes up saying "1Password will create a copy of your information on iCloud." I then click "Start Syncing".

Here an error pops up saying "Failed to modify some records". All I can do is click OK. Doing so brings me back to the iCloud sync section in 1Password. Nothing is saved to iCloud. The sync is still set to "None".

Does iCloud sync not work anymore in 7?

Here's the error from the application log:

Fri Aug 24 11:13:24 2018| 70007000 [SYNC:(Secondary Thread 0x6000002cea00):] W enableSyncForProfile:withPassword:completion: | CloudKit error during createRemoteProfileForLocalProfile:

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: MacOS 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @jackbauer! I'm sorry for the trouble. No, iCloud syncing has not been disabled in 1Password 7 for Mac, which means something's gone wrong (obviously). To get a better idea of what that might be, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject Line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#BHC-39768-842]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @jackbauer only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: BHC-39768-842

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jackbauer - one other quick question before we take this to email; did you by chance change the icon for your Primary vault form the default to a custom icon?

• jackbauer
    jackbauer
    Community Member
    Options

@lars thanks for the reply. looks like that was it.

My fix, I deleted the primary standalone vault. Created a new one after reenabling "Local Vaults" in 1Password7 Preferences. Did not change the icon this time. And was able to sync the new vault with iCloud.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jackbauer - glad to hear I guessed right. Seen this issue once before and remembered it only after I posted my initial reply. We're still not quite sure why this happens, but we're looking into it. Happy you're back up and running!

• steven1
    steven1
    Community Member
    Options

For the same underlying issue, if the vault was already syncing with iCloud, changing the icon of the Primary vault from something other than the default causes weird sync issues (you have to have Show Item Count to spot it when it happens). See my thread here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/449572#Comment_449572

When I deleted the vaults and started over, I too saw the "Failed to modify some records". Switching back to the default icon fixed it.

@Lars this bug manifests differently if sync was already enabled and operational before you change the Primary Vault icon.

-Steven

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.