1Password 7 Mac App is not picking up changed password and still registered under old secret key

Options
eddie_park
eddie_park
Community Member

Hello, I have a family account and just recovered the passwords for one of the family member accounts. I can successfully log into the browser account with the new password, however the app itself will not work with the new password and when look under their account the secret key is from the previous 1password account but I do not see any sort of option to update the secret key.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• eddie_park
    eddie_park
    Community Member
    Options

to also clarify I am the primary admin/family organizer on the 1password family account

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem earlier today. I fixed it by completely removing the account from the 1PW app and the add it back in using the new secret key. You can do that from within the app's settings -> Accounts.

• eddie_park
    eddie_park
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @cryptochrome So it looks like that option is only available for when you are the family organizer? their individual invited account ( on their separate computer ) preferences doesn't allow adding or removing accounts

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member
    Options

That I don't know. I would be surprised though because I am sure you can use the app to be part of a family (or business team) and at the same time have your own personal account. 1PW is multi-account, so it should work. But I guess someone from 1PW has to chime in here :)

• eddie_park
    eddie_park
    Community Member
    Options

Moderators can close this thread, issue has been resolved

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @eddie_park! Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not. So, congratulations! Let us know if there are any remaining questions or if there's anything further we can do to assist you.

This discussion has been closed.