Where do I find trash folder in iOS 1Password?

S27go8TN
S27go8TN
Community Member

I don't find trash folder in my 1Password(iOS). Where is it?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: MyPassword

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@S27go8TN - that's correct. The reason you can't find it is because it's not there. What I mean is: obviously the trash still exists, there's just no interface for it in 1Password for iOS. If you're syncing your data with a desktop Mac or PC via any method, you'll still be able to view the trash there -- and anything you delete on 1Password for iOS will be in the trash (which can then be permanently deleted), but not (at this time) on iOS. It's something we're looking to add in an upcoming release.

• S27go8TN
    S27go8TN
    Community Member

So, I should use my Mac for cleaning the trash can. :)

Thank you, Lars.

• For the moment, yes. We do hope to improve that in the future. On behalf of Lars you are most welcome. :)

Ben

• kibera
    kibera
    Community Member

Any plans to add this? No trash on iOS or Web… locked out of a site (thanks to pwd being cleared from clipboard in 45s).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Not currently. It's sort of anathema on iOS. You'll note there is no Trash anywhere else on iOS either. And it just doesn't come up much anyway (this discussion is from 9 months ago). But it's certainly something we'll continue to evaluate. Thanks for your feedback! :)

While it's definitely off-topic, I'm not sure how you'd get "locked out" by having a copied password from a Login cleared from the clipboard; just copy it again! But you may be interested to know that the current beta has the clipboard set to clear after 90 seconds in the current beta. If there are no problems with that, it should make it into the next App Store update. It was at 45 seconds in the recent past due to issues being able to reliably clear it with higher timers with iOS multitasking, but we have some more flexibility there now and would like to pass that on to 1Password users as well. Cheers! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

@kibera I also wanted to let you know that if you are on the beta channel, the latest 1Password for iOS beta includes the Trash :)

You can now find your Trashed items in the Categories list! View and restore trashed items, or simply empty the trash. {apple-issues#2085}

Depending on how the beta goes, of course. :)

This discussion has been closed.