How do I copy vaults from MacBook Pro to new iPad Pro?

Options
DavidBourke
DavidBourke
Community Member

Been a user since v3. Now at v7 on MacBook Pro, 10.13.6. Just got a new iPad Pro. How do I get my data from MBP into it? I have two vaults, and I need both. But I don't see a way to sync more than one, either in Preferences, or from my account. Will i have to manually combine both vaults to use my passwords on more than one device? If so, how do I do that?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: never synced
Referrer: forum-search:copy vaults from Mac to iPad

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @DavidBourke,

When you sign in to your 1Password.com membership on a device all vaults that are part of that membership will become available on that device. Is the vault that you’re missing called “Primary”? If so the reason that doesn’t appear is that it isn’t part of your account. we generally recommend deleting the Primary vault when migrating to a membership. If you’d like to continue to use two separate vaults I’d recommend creating a new one inside your 1Password.com account, and then moving the data from the Primary vault there. Then delete the Primary vault.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• DavidBourke
    DavidBourke
    Community Member
    Options

That helps, Ben. I assume all data must be manually re-entered into the new vault?

• Ben
    Options

Nope, you can move it over:

Move and copy items | 1Password

And then instructions for deleting the Primary vault can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Ben

This discussion has been closed.