To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Start over not working

Options
julienz
julienz
Community Member

Hi,

I forgot my master password, and was trying the "Start over" process both on my Mac and my Iphone, but my account is still there whenever I launch 1Password again. I don't have any data that I'd like to keep, so I'm 100% happy to erase everything and to start over, but I just don't know what to do at this stage (I really don't want to use another email address).

Could someone please help me?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @julienz,

If you have a 1Password membership that you need to delete because you cannot recall the credentials please reach out to our sales team at sales@1passsword.com. They’ll be able to help. :)

When you email in you’ll get a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

• julienz
    julienz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

thanks a lot for that. I just sent an email. Here is my support ID: [#ZHT-39682-589].

Thanks again!
    Julien

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@julienz - thanks! One of us will be with you shortly.

ref: ZHT-39682-589

• julienz
    julienz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot, everything works perfectly now!

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• merryguti
    merryguti
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Could I please get some help creating a new account and applying the tidBITS membership discount?

1. I recently became a tidBITS member and read TC of 1Password.
    2. I was hoping to open an account, but the application is telling me there's already one under my email address.
    3. So I tried doing the start over process, but have the same problem as julienz.
    4. I tried emailing "sales@1passsword.com" as you recommended in this thread, but received an "address not found" error.

I want to note that you have two (1. the "start over" process and 2. the instructions outlined here) public but broken instructions for how to deal with this non-trivial problem. It would be good to unify and correct those, given what a quality (possibly the best password manager) service you provide :).

Thanks and I look forward to keeping an account with you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018
    Options

@merryguti: You've got an extra "s" in there. Please email us at sales@1password.com with the details, post the Support ID you receive here, and we'll see what we can do to help. :)

Regarding "starting over", those instructions are correct and work just fine, but they are for the 1Password app, not a way to nuke an account.

• merryguti
    merryguti
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, that's terribly embarrassing! Used the right email, got super quick responses, and was able to delete my account.
    Successfully opened new one as well.

Thanks a lot!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.