How to delete Personal vault

Options
rocalo
rocalo
Community Member

After many years with 1Password and just a Primary vault with all of my data, I created an account which in turn created a Personal Vault. On signing to 1Password.com, I'm presented with just the Personal vault. How do I delete this Personal vault which is empty?

1Password Version: 6.8.9 (689001)
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rocalo

It isn’t possible to delete the Personal vault. If your intention is to use a 1Password membership the recommended path forward is to migrate your data to the Personal vault and delete the Primary vault (as it is not part of your membership). The Primary vault doesn’t get the perks associated with membership.

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Ben

• rocalo
    rocalo
    Community Member
    Options

I use iCloud sync for all of my Apple devices, but iCloud sync shows only the option of the Primary vault. How can I continue to sync all of the devices?

• Ben
    Options

1Password membership does not require or use iCloud syncing. Your 1Password membership vaults will not sync via iCloud. They sync via 1Password.com.

1Password's sync via iCloud is only set up to handle a single standalone vault (the Primary vault). Please see the instructions above to get the most out of your membership.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.