7.1 update - Safari extension doesn't work anymore, can't connect to the main app [Update to 7.1.1]

Options

Comments

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

@Ben ... I just downgraded to v. 7.0.7 and the Safari extension is still NOT working for me at all. The menu bar applet is busted too. Everything is exhibiting the exact same behavior that started this morning right after I upgraded to 7.1.

1Password 7 Version 7.0.7 (70007000) AgileBits Store
    macOS Mojave Version 10.14 Beta (18A371a)

UPDATE: A reboot of my Mac got it working!

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

^^

• Ben
    Options

@OAW

Did you restart your Mac after downgrading?

Ben

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    Options

7.1.1 just dropped...

• vsxe
    vsxe
    Community Member
    Options

Downgrading to 7.0.7 worked for me. I simply closed completely the App, moved to the trash, emptied the trash, installed again from your website, launched the app, got referred to the extension page, installed it again and voilá, I can use it again (Y)

• Ben
    Options

v7.1.1 has been released to address this issue. I’ve updated this post: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/457580/#Comment_457580

Thank you all for your patience while we worked through this.

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

When will version 7.1.1 be in the App Store?

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben .... that did the trick! Thanks a million. :+1:

• pfp
    pfp
    Community Member
    Options

just installed 7.1.1 and the issue is fixed.

thank you

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I've already downgraded and am back to working, I'll wait for Beta 5 to upgrade and raise hell then when Firefox extension breaks again. Thanks for the downgrade instructions and quick response to this mess.

• Ben
    Options

@zwelch82

That depends on the App Store review process. I wish I could be more specific, but it is a process that it outside of our control. If you’d like to switch to the download from our site that will allow you to access the update now.

Ben

• ricardo_meira
    ricardo_meira
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi,
    Why so much angry and despair? I'm a heavy user for a long, long time. Agilebits has been providing a stellar service for years in a row. Now, there's a error, a flaw. They are humans and, guess what? Humans are not perfect. stuff happens!!! Let them work on a fix and that's it.
    Thanks Agilebits team for so many years of an impeccable service!!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thank you for the updates @OAW, @pfp. @ricardo_meira Thank for the kind words. @buckZor Please try v7.1.1 and let me know if you have any lingering problems.

Ben

• ricardo_meira
    ricardo_meira
    Community Member
    Options

Done!!! Version 7.1.1 solved the problem. Agilebits rocks!!! Thanks.

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben .... v7.1.1 resolves the issue. Appreciate the quick turnaround!

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    Options

@ricardo_meira completely agree with your sentiments as a user for, I think, ten years now. That said, I am curious whether this bug was present in the last Beta. I'm guessing not and that a latter stage build unexpectedly broke the extension and was considered so far afield from the extension that regression testing wasn't done.

It happens...I've done it.

Still, would like to understand root-cause, if you guys are able to share it.

• ricardo_meira
    ricardo_meira
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Version 7.1.1 is perfect. We are back in business. Thanks!

• woodmeister50
    woodmeister50
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, it seems 7.1.1 has fixed the issue for me with Safari, both in High Sierra and
    the latest Mojave Public Beta.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thanks for the updates folks. Glad to hear 7.1.1 resolved the issue.

@The Doctor A build flag got set improperly / prematurely which caused WebSockets (which Safari relies on) to be turned off for the 7.1 build. We disabled that flag for 7.1.1. Safari is the only browser which currently uses WebSockets, the rest use Native Messaging. We are working toward moving away from WebSockets for Safari and toward Apple’s Safari App Extension framework.

Ben

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    Options

@ben yup...that'll do it :-)

Thanks for the detailed info...much appreciated!

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome. :)

Ben

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    Options

1Password browser plug isn't able to connect to 1Password any more unter Mojave. Until yesterday it worked - today I installed 1Password update production release and now Browser extension isn't working any more.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Ben
    Options

Please update to 1Password 7.1.1 and restart your Mac. If you’re still having trouble with that version please let me know.

Ben

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    Options

I am using the MAS version. Its not offering an update to 7.1.1.

• RobertvH
    RobertvH
    Community Member
    Options

Thanx. V 7.1.1. seems to have fixed the issue. Missing Password7, even for a short time, gives us the creeps. See it as a compliment :-)

• Ben
    Options

Will do so. Thanks for the update @RobertvH. :)

Ben

• rudy
    Options

@telephoneman,

The MAS and WebStore versions are interchangeable for this purpose. You can install from https://1password.com/downloads and then switch back to the MAS version when 7.1.1 becomes available there. No data migrations necessary.

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    Options

that works thanks - is there a Beta running with has some news for Mojave which you'd like to get Beta tested?

• sirpants
    sirpants
    Community Member
    Options

7.1.1 not working for me unfortunately on Safari and OS 10.13.6, wont let me fill username, password, having to manually copy paste. Chrome is working. Any ideas?

• rudy
    Options

@sirpants,

hold down cmd, opt, control while quitting 1Password and then launch it again.

This discussion has been closed.