To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have a license for my iMac; iPad Pro; and iPhone. Currently using 6 How do I upgrade to 7

Options
RobertsRN
RobertsRN
Community Member

I have had a license with 1Password for many years, and have upgraded throughout my relationship with Agile to 1Password 6. I would like to upgrade to 7 but am totally confused as to how I do this. Do I have to re-register?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a license for my iMac; iPad Pro; and iPhone. Currently using 6 How do I upgrade to 7

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @RobertsRN! Thanks for being a long-time 1Password user. We really appreciate it. :)

Two questions for you: do you want to stick with a standalone setup, or begin using a 1password.com membership? And do you prefer to get your software from the Mac App Store or from us directly? There are currently two ways to use 1Password:

With a 1Password account:

• You sign up for an account at the main 1Password  sign-up page.
    • Your subscription includes the 1Password apps across all platforms, with all updates and upgrades for as long as your account is active.
    • Once you sign in to your account in 1Password on a new device, all of your data is instantly available - no need to set up third-party sync.

As a standalone product:

• You purchase licenses for each platform separately.
    • These licenses include all in-version updates, but a major version upgrade (such as 1Password 7) may require a paid upgrade.
    • You create local 1Password vaults, and if you like, choose how to sync your data. You can set up sync using a third party service (like Dropbox or iCloud.) If you do not set up sync, your data will remain only on your device.

1Password accounts also include access to your data via a web browser, and per-item backups so you always have a safe copy of your data off of your devices, and can roll back to a previous version of an item if a change is accidentally made.

This discussion has been closed.