When adding 2FA on Mac

Donaldd
Donaldd
Community Member

I'm not sure it's a bug or design as it has been there for quite a while since the initial 1Password 7, but it is a little bit annoying :)
When adding one time password in an entry in 1Password 7 (for now, I'm using 7.1.1 ), I have to click the "One Time Password" icon next to "new field" thrice to get the QR code icon displayed (to scan the QR), otherwise, nothing will happen except the round icon...
Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Donaldd - I'm sorry for the trouble, but that's not the behavior I get at all. Click Edit on the record, then click the "T" icon (for Text) at the right of the new section, change the drop-down to "One-Time Password," and everything's ready to go. Are you taking different steps?

• Donaldd
    Donaldd
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

@Lars Hi, the problem is when changing the drop-down to "One-time Password", the icon will change to the icon for OTP, but no scanning icon and the dots in front of them:

I have to click and select OTP from the drop-down multiple times or cancel the editing and do it again to "activate" the OTP.

EDIT: It happens more frequently when adding something to the "label" part, for example, I'd like to add a "2FA" label:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Donaldd - ah, then yes -- this is a bug that we're tracking and working on here. Don't click into the label first before you try to change the field type, and you should be fine. And it's find to edit/add to the field label once you've made the change -- just make sure to do the type-changing first, and you should be fine. Apologies for the inconvenience, and keep an eye on release notes for updates.

ref: apple-1616

• Donaldd
    Donaldd
    Community Member

@Lars Thank you for the help! I'm looking forward to seeing the fix. For now, I will follow your instructions :+1:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Donaldd -- yeah, so am I. ;) Seriously, thanks for your patience, and we hope to have this addressed soon.

This discussion has been closed.