Extension Issue

Options
Gordon101
Gordon101
Community Member

I use both FireFox and Safari browsers. Suddenly after a 1PW update I cannot get 1PW working in Safari. Safari Preferences shows I have the Browser Extension 4.7.2 installed. When I click the 1PW mini icon in the Safari menu bar the main browser window is greyed out and a smaller window comes up asking "Do you want to allow this page to open 1Password7.app?". I click allow and 1PW opens. I click a login and a window appears saying "Couldn't connect to 1Password" with options to Try Again (which does not help) and Learn More. Rebooting, Removing and uninstalling the extension does not help at all.

I am using Version 7.1, Mac App Store of 1PW

What next?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

I uninstalled 1PW, download a new copy from the MAS and installed it. That solved the problem.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gordon101 - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have successfully troubleshot and solved the problem by yourself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

So, congratulations! Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you.

This discussion has been closed.