How do I FULLY uninstall the Mac App Store version of 1Password 7?

patrickl
patrickl
Community Member

Hi.
I am currently using v6.8.8 (from the Mac App Store)
I have downloaded 1Password 7 (again from the App Store) but have not yet set it up. I want to use a licensed version rather than the subscription model but understand that I can only do this from the Agile Bits site and I want to remove the Mac App Store version before re-downloading from Agile Bits.
I know that I delete the Applications folder entry for 1Password 7 and I can also see a file in Application Support\Containers to delete. Is there anything else needed?

As an add-on question, can I at a later date easily migrate from a licensed version to a subscription model?

Thanks
Patrick

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:uninstall App Store version

Comments

• patrickl
    patrickl
    Community Member

Is anyone able to help here? Thanks

• @patrickl,

Simply drag the 1Password 7.app to the trash. The MAS and AgileStore versions share the same bundle identifiers so all of the data folders are shared between the two.

You can later migrate to an account, yes.

• patrickl
    patrickl
    Community Member

Thanks. I assume then that all the folders in the Library\Containers (there are 6 of them with a "onepassword" identifier) are required or will some of them refer to the version 6 one password.

Are these the folders where any stand-alone vaults and the cached copy of the personal space are stored?

• Correct. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.