1Password Mini Logins left sidebar too narrow to read similar item titles

FishingAddict
FishingAddict
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Mac

When using 1Password Mini interface to search for an item, the "LOGINS" left sidebar that contains search results is too narow and is not resizable. Therefore, I'm only able to see about 20 characters of any item's title. This is a problem for many of us that have many similar item names. I would like to request that that left sidebar be resizable by dragging the divider.

For example, where I or family members have several accounts for a particular service, I have a very organized naming convention for those items such as:

ExampleWebsiteName.com - account1@example.com;
ExampleWebsiteName.com - account2@example.com;
ExampleWebsiteName.com - account3@example.com;

However, in 1Password Mini, searching for "ExampleWebsiteName" results in the following in the left sidebar:

ExampleWebsiteName.c ...
ExampleWebsiteName.c ...
ExampleWebsiteName.c ...

Therefore, I have to actually select each item and view it's details to determine the account that I actually want to use to fill in the browser.

A resizable left sidebar would be great for this reason (and remembered the width preference a user set).

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password Family

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@FishingAddict - sorry for the trouble with identifying your accounts in the new 1Password mini. I don't have anything to announce regarding code-based changes for this just now, but our developers are definitely aware of the issue. For the present, there are a few workarounds I can suggest:

1. Use the main window instead of the mini to search for an item, then launch it from there. The main 1Password 7 window has no such constraints.
    2. Rename this multiple accounts to include the identifying bits at the beginning. I'm aware this may prove impractical if you have a great many such items, but it's definitely something to consider if you don't. 1Password will still show you all the items in a search, provided the URLs don't change.
    3. Use more precise search terminology that narrows your search down to just the result you want
    4. Make use of a tagging scheme to help identify items, and combine this with search.

Thanks for taking the time to report your experience with this. :)

ref: apple-1391

• gnicholas2
    gnicholas2
    Community Member

Lars, 1PW,
    We have just upgraded to 1PW 7 and are experiencing the same issue. We have thousands of 1PW entries with a naming standard, and the 1PW mini display doesn't show enough of the title to discriminate between different entries. It has a major impact on usability for 1PW overall. Expanding the width of the 1pw window doesn't help, as the title width is kept extremely small.
    So +1 votes for fixing this issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gnicholas2 - thanks for weighing in on this one. :)

This discussion has been closed.