Secure Note, formatting error

roberty
roberty
Community Member

Hello
My current 1Password version: 7.1.1 (70101000) Mac App Store (German-Version)

I create a new note (Secure Note). I write:
Birthday:
April 8, 2001

I save the new note.
However, it is not April 8, 2001 but April 1, 2001

For more examples of formatting errors, see the following examples

Greetings, roberty!

Another example:

1Password Version: 7.1.1 (70101000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@roberty - I'm sorry for the confusion here. Although this certainly looks like an error, it's actually working as designed. Secure Notes in 1Password 7 for Mac use Markdown formatting now, so that text can be stylized like this. One of the formatting conventions of Markdown is that anything you put in a numbered array will show up as a numbered list. So any line that begins with a number followed by a period ( X. ) will show up as the beginning of a bulleted list. And it doesn't matter what numbers you use to begin; Markdown counts how many items you have and assigns them all an order-based number. For a further explanation, visit the “Ordered lists” section here.

One possible workaround for you (since Markdown itself will not change) would be to not use the period/dot (.) after the date, for such dates. Then the list will not be formatted by Markdown at all. Another is to use such items within the context of an existing line, instead of at the beginning of the line, then a list is also not created. Hope this helps! :)

• roberty
    roberty
    Community Member

Thanks Lars for the answer.
    Switching on/off Markdown formatting would definitely help me more. Unfortunately, with the introduction of Markdown formatting, the notes on the iPhone are made smaller. For "older people" (50+), who do not see so well in the vicinity, clearly a disadvantage. I would like a +/- the font size :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@roberty - thanks for the suggestion. My eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be either, so I definitely feel you on that score. We are looking into a way to make Markdown selectable, either globally or on a per-item basis, based on some user feedback so keep an eye on release notes in updates. :)

• roberty
    roberty
    Community Member

Thank you for your answer Lars - I look forward and hope ... ;-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.