Have 1Password for Mac; want 1Password for iOS

Options
nana1dottie
nana1dottie
Community Member
edited September 2018 in iOS

I have 1 password on my mac book pro can I put it on my i phone plus do I have to purchase the app for my I phone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have the app on my mac book can I put it on my phone

Comments

• Hi @nana1dottie

If you have a 1Password subscription membership that includes the ability to install the latest version of the 1Password apps on any of your compatible devices (including your iPhone). You can download 1Password for iOS here:

1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store

Once installed you’ll need to sign into the same account that you’re using on your Mac in order to access your data:

Get the 1Password apps

I hope that helps!

Ben

• nana1dottie
    nana1dottie
    Community Member
    Options

I go to the app on my phone and put in all my account information and try to sign in I get a error an SSL error has occurred and a secure connection ro the server cannot be found

• @nana1dottie

Please double check what you are entering for the sign-in address against your Emergency Kit or 1Password for Mac installation. It sounds as though perhaps you are entering an email address in that field, but it should be a something.1password.com address, such as my.1password.com

Thanks!

Ben

• nana1dottie
    nana1dottie
    Community Member
    Options

i have it dowloaded and open will it automatically sync with my I phone from my mac when I make a new entry . probably a dumb question, as it is making changes in the app it self. Is it a way to make it more secure on my phone my lap top never leaves my home

• @nana1dottie

To clarify: you want to have a separate dataset available on your iPhone than what it available on your computer? Is that correct?

Ben

• nana1dottie
    nana1dottie
    Community Member
    Options

I am not sure what you mean by dataset, Just wanting more security

• @nana1dottie,

Okay, I may have misunderstood your request intially.

The best way to increase your security is to be sure you’re using a strong Master Password that you do not use as a password for any other accounts.

How to choose a good Master Password | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.