Trying to upgrade to 1Password 7, but stuck at Welcome screen

NomadUK
NomadUK
Community Member

I purchased version 7 this morning and installed and licensed it without issue on my iMac. Now I'm on my MacBook Pro, and after synchronising my Dropbox files to make sure I have the latest opvault and (presumably) licence information and such, I downloaded the app from the AgileBits store and installed it. On launch, I get the Welcome to 1Password 7 dialog. I have a licence, so clicking the 'Need a licence?' link makes no sense. I don't have a membership, so that doesn't make sense, either. Closing the dialog quits the app. If I go the 1Password7 menu and choose Licence..., the licensing window opens behind the Welcome dialog. Moving the dialog does not allow me access to the licensing window, as the dialog is modal. Again, dismissing the dialog quits the app.

How do I get 1Password to recognise the fact that I already have a licence?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @NomadUK

Thanks for your purchase. When you purchased 1Password 7 you should’ve received an email with a license file attached. Double clicking on that license file should license 1Password.

Please let me know.

Ben

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member

Yes, this worked. Cheers, though perhaps this information could be presented in the Welcome screen or one of the links therein, since I don't think I'm the only one who's stumbled over this issue.

• Indeed. Thanks for the suggestion. Glad to hear that worked and I’ll see if we can make this more clear. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.