New user. I have different user IDs and passwords on my mac and iPhone. How do I sync up?

wnmccrosky
wnmccrosky
Community Member

Not sure how it happened, but I have user IDs on iPhone not on Mac and vice versa. How do I synchronize them?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:New user. I have different user IDs and passwords on my mac and iPhone. How do I sync up?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @wnmccrosky! I'm not quite sure what you're referring to; can you give us a little more information so we have a better idea how to help? What version of 1Password are you using on both Mac and iOS? How are you syncing your data? And what do you mean by "user IDs?" Thanks! :)

• wnmccrosky
    wnmccrosky
    Community Member

1password v7.1.1 on Mac Pro running OS X 10.13.6
    1password v7.1.1 on iPhone 7 running IOS 11.4.1

I don't know how I am syncing my data between the two. Probably not at all, at present. I have an iCloud account.

Logons require a user ID and a password. Some of my user IDs/passwords are on the phone. Others are on the laptop. I want one synchronized database of user IDs/passwords, preferably in iCloud.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wnmccrosky - thanks for the clarification. Let's determine your sync method: in 1Password 7 for Mac, click Preferences > Sync and check whether your data is being synced (I'm assuming you have only one vault; correct me if that's not the case). On 1Password for iOS, the location would be: Settings > Sync. Let me know what you discover!

• jhicks1
    jhicks1
    Community Member

want to change my MASTER PASSWORD on MAC ios 10 to sync with my IPHONE IOS 12.1 (correct family password). Please help

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jhicks1! I'll be happy to help, but I can't without a little more information. Can you please tell me:

1. What specific version of macOS you have installed on your Mac
    2. What specific version of 1Password you have installed on your Mac
    3. How you sync your data (1Password.com account? Dropbox? iCloud? Something else?)
    4. What's not working the way you think it should, specifically. What steps have you tried so far?
    5. Anything else you think we need to know to help you solve this.

Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.