How can I remove 1Password Extension Helper?

geopick
geopick
Community Member

I tried to upgrade to v7 but that just crashed repeatedly. I deleted v7 and reinstalled v6 and now I have Extension Helper doing nothing but hanging; up to 497 and adding one about every two seconds. I can't even Force Quit it in Activity Monitor. Just want to get the thing off my system.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:remove 1password extension helper

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@geopick - Sorry for the trouble! 1Password 7 for Mac shouldn't have issues on macOS Sierra -- that's the current version of Apple's desktop operating system; if there was widespread trouble between it and 1Password 7 for Mac, we'd be up to our eyeballs in support requests.

I'm willing to help you sort it out either way; do you want to (re) install version 7 and make sure it's working, or do you just want to return to version 6?

• geopick
    geopick
    Community Member

I found that the extension helper was in Trash and trying to run. I emptied Trash and re-started and that fixed the issue. I am back on 6, but now when I check for updates I am informed that an update to 7.1.2 is available and offered to download. There's no mention of an upgrade however, so I'm not sure if that would install the standalone version of 7 or the subscription version. Guess I could experiment.

• Thanks for the update @geopick. There isn’t a standalone version and a subscription version — both standalone and subscription customers use the same software[*].

[*] With the exception of 1Password 7 from the Mac App Store, which is subscription only.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.