Gmail double opening (Filling 1Password twice)

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited September 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Gmail has been set to its new look and I have observed a double opening of gmail. I would fill the particulars in Gmail. Gmail would then close and open again so that I have to repeat the fill once more. I have been experiencing this over a few days.

1Password Version: 1Password 7.2.576
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure I follow your description, and it doesn't sound like anything I've seen logging into my Google Accounts. Can you give me the specific steps you're taking, and the browser and extension versions you're using? It doesn't sound like something 1Password is doing, but I'd rather test it to take a closer look.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi

Thanks for replying. The issue seems to have gone. I wasn’t doing anything fancy, just log in and after a brief delay 20 to 40 seconds, Gmail closed on me with the usual log in screen reappearing for the second time. That’s it.

I am using Chrome 69 (latest version) Extension v4.7.3.90

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's good to hear. Glad it was just a temporary glitch. The one thing I can think of that could explain what you described is if the address bar had focus that would result in the page reloading when 1Password tried to log you in. If the page has focus instead that shouldn't happen. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty,

I will observe when it happens again. You may be right.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Anything's possible. :) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

It still happens and I don’t know why. It’s intermittent.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Was the address bar focused like I mentioned?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

It was, very briefly, I think. I had 1 to 2 seconds to glance at it.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty,

Are you using the new look? There is an option to switch back but I haven't done so.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am. Not really a fan, but since I imagine the option to use the old UI will go away eventually I'm trying to just get used to it. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I am. Not really a fan, but since I imagine the option to use the old UI will go away eventually I'm trying to just get used to it. :)

True. I am not a fan either.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I am not sure if it is related but I read 1Password 4 could cause Chrome to lose focus and I do have 1Password 4 and 1Password 6 both installed.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/87197/1password-chrome-extension-doesnt-always-take-focus-when-unlocking#latest

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I found this on 1Password for iOS which could relate to my issues. No solution so far.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/96787/google-multi-page-login-broken-on-ios#latest

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.