Major problem. 1PW has suddenly stopped working

Options
1NoahTN
1NoahTN
Community Member

I just tried to set up two new accounts on two new websites. I was only using 1PW to generate a password. In both cases the username and the 1PW generated password were not saved correctly when the information was transferred to 1PW login. The information that is saved is not like anything that was manually entered in the new login.

Also when I tried to log into existing accounts (not the new accounts) using 1PW, the information sent by 1PW does not work. I get error messages stating that the user name or the password is incorrect. When I manually put the login information into the account I do not get the error messages and the account is opened.

You help would be appreciated
Thanks

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1PW not working

Comments

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member
    Options

Just found one more symptom to add to the description above. When I click on "Edit" with one 1PW login selected I can see the "username" change instantly. This occurs once and does not change again if I click on "save" and then "edit" again
    Thanks,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1NoahTN: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I don't quite follow your description though, so hopefully you can fill in some of the blanks for me:

I was only using 1PW to generate a password. In both cases the username and the 1PW generated password were not saved correctly when the information was transferred to 1PW login. The information that is saved is not like anything that was manually entered in the new login.

Are you using 1Password to fill a generated password, or are you typing in a password manually?

Also when I tried to log into existing accounts (not the new accounts) using 1PW, the information sent by 1PW does not work. I get error messages stating that the user name or the password is incorrect. When I manually put the login information into the account I do not get the error messages and the account is opened.

What are the URLs where you're having trouble? Also, be sure to update 1Password and your browser, and let me know the browser version you're using.

Just found one more symptom to add to the description above. When I click on "Edit" with one 1PW login selected I can see the "username" change instantly. This occurs once and does not change again if I click on "save" and then "edit" again

Thanks,

Can you provide a screen recording or screenshot? I'm not sure I understand what you're describing here. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.