Different Master Passwords in Mac v7 and on iOS devices

foreverxblind
foreverxblind
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Mac

Hello everybody,

not sure I get it completely: I upgraded to v7 from a purchased v6 and switched from standalone to membership. I had one vault in iCloud and another one on my Dropbox.

I understand my existing vaults have been imported to my account and are now redundant for me. I can delete any duplicates as desired. I needed to update my existing master password during the setup, because it wasn't safe enough.

My problem is now: On my IOS devices I changed the vault settings accordingly. However, my old master password is still valid on theses devices, on my Mac I'm asked for the new password. Can you clarify this please? Maybe I missed something...

Thanks a milling,
Michael

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@foreverxblind - sorry for the confusion. On your iOS devices, did you remove the older, now-redundant Primary and secondary vaults? If not, that's likely the reason your old Master Password is still being used there. Tap Settings > Vaults and see if you see anything there. If you do -- and if you're certain all your data has been successfully moved from your standalone vaults into your 1password.com account vaults, then go ahead and delete these vaults. You'll first be asked to provide your current (old, standalone) Master Password, and then - when you delete the Primary vault last, to provide your new 1password.com Master Password. Let me know how that goes for you.

• foreverxblind
    foreverxblind
    Community Member

@Lars thanks for your reply! Anyhow, it‘s not possible to delete the redundant vaults on my iOS devices, because the option is greyed out. Any idea?

• @foreverxblind

The Primary vault must be the last standalone vault to be deleted. After you’ve double checked all data is accessible in membership vaults please try deleting the other non-membership vaults first, and then the Primary vault last.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• foreverxblind
    foreverxblind
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

@Lars, @Ben

Excellent, it works for me now. I was confused, because v7 named the standalone vault Primary by default.

Thanks, guys!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@foreverxblind - glad to hear you're all set! :)

This discussion has been closed.