1password 7 running on my iPhone and iPad but can't update from 6.8.9 running on my Mac.

curtwitt
curtwitt
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Mac

I have had an agile bits license since 2013. 1password 7 running on my iPhone and iPad but 6.8.9 running on my Mac. The 1password 7 apps are running fine as far as I can tell and just updated when I downloaded if I ignored all the messages about accounts. Now I am trying to get my Mac upgraded but it doesn't seem to work without activating a new membership. What is the trick here?

1Password Version: 7 and 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 11.1.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:using a license to activate 1password 7

Comments

• Hi @curtwitt,

1Password 7 for Mac requires either a 1Password subscription membership (which includes access to the latest versions of all of our 1Password apps, as well as much more [1]) or a 1Password 7 for Mac license. The latter would be a separate purchase from any previous licneses. You can read more about this here:

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac

[1] You can read about a number of the benefits of membership in this guide.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• curtwitt
    curtwitt
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. Maybe my problem is that I am completely confused about my membership/license status. I don't seem to have any membership information on my computer or in my 1password, but when I go to 1password 7 and try to start a membership it says my e-mail is in use. Perhaps that information is on my desktop computer at work but since the docs on my computers synch, I would think it would be here as well. I'm lost on where to go from here. How do I find out if I have a regular license, which is what I thought I had, or if I've forgotten that last time I went through this whole process, I got a membership?

• @curtwitt

Please send us an email to support+forum@1password.com from the email address in question and we can check on your membership status for you. Important: Please post the support ID you get back when you email in here so we can ‘connect the dots’. Thanks!

Ben

• curtwitt
    curtwitt
    Community Member

Thanks Ben,

support ID: [#XTK-99712-724]

• @curtwitt,

I figured I would also note that 1Password 7 requires macOS 10.12.6 or newer, so you're likely unable to install it in your current configuration.

• curtwitt
    curtwitt
    Community Member

I am running MacOS 10.13.6. No problem there. 6.8.9 is the version of 1Password currently running on my Mac.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• curtwitt
    curtwitt
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Any information on my membership status? No word yet from support on that issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@curtwitt - I've replied to you via email; let's keep the conversation going in that venue. :)

This discussion has been closed.