Why can't I use my fingerprint to log into 1pass extension

nikolaimih
nikolaimih
Community Member

When I do it I get prompted with this message:
You already have a software license for Authy Desktop. Do you want to create another entry?
After that I can log, but I get this message every time and its anoying.

Here's a screenshot:
https://imgur.com/a/xn0lguu

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.2 Safari
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @nikolaimih

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. I can’t say I’ve ever seen something like this before. Do you have any idea how Authy Desktop might be involved here? Do you use Authy Desktop? Does this happen if that software is not running?

Ben

• nikolaimih
    nikolaimih
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Currently I've had it while Authy is turned on. 1pass stores a software license for Authy (which is free), so uhm, when the license is already in 1pass i get this prompt message to update the existing or create new license. There is nothing in that license except the current version of Authy

• @nikolaimih

I'm not personally familiar with Authy, but I'm going to consult with some of my colleagues and see if we can figure out what is happening here. Thanks for your patience.

Ben

• nikolaimih
    nikolaimih
    Community Member

I turned off Authy before logging this time and got the same window.

• @nikolaimih

In speaking with our development team the suggestions are as follows:

1. Restart your Mac and see if this issue persists
    2. If it doesn’t: great, case closed. If it does, please install the 1Password 7.2 for Mac beta and see if the issue exists there. We’ve made some significant changes to how 1Password handles URLs and external files in this version.

You can find the 7.2 beta here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95250/download-1password-7-2-beta-manually-today/p1

I’m still confused as to why Authy is trying to do anything with 1Password.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.