Do I have to actually move passwords etc from vaults to 1pwd.com on install?

patrickl
patrickl
Community Member

Just installed 1pwd 7 from agilebits store. It appears to have imported the existing vaults from my previous 1pwd 6 installation and they are sitting separate from my new 1pwd account. Do I physically have to move them to the new version - or is there an 'import'?

Also, my version of 1pwd6 (which was a Mac App Store purchase) has disappeared from the Applications folder (I see a zip file there). If I decide to move back to 1pwd6 after my trial, how do I do this - I understand the vaults have been upgraded

Thanks
Patrick

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• patrickl
    patrickl
    Community Member

Things are now very strange. The new password I created when I signed up is needed fir me to log into 1password.com BUT both the desktop and iPhone app still require the old password from my 1pwd 6 account. I can however see my personal space here and the few entries (including the password setup and welcome entries.
    What do I do now? Why am I able to log in using the old entry?
    Confused!
    Patrick

• Hi @patrickl

It sounds like you have not completed the migration process:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Please note that you haven’t finished until you’ve performed the step to delete the Primary vault from each device, which is what will cause 1Password to start accepting the new Master Password to unlock.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• patrickl
    patrickl
    Community Member

Ah - that may be it then! I will carry on and continue to move the entries and then delete the old vaults. Thanks

• patrickl
    patrickl
    Community Member

Sorted - thanks. All apps are now after the same password and I just have data in my personal space

• Excellent. Thanks for the update @patrickl. Glad to hear that did the trick. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.