1password 7 won't open/close or respond

thomsonlm
thomsonlm
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Mac

1 password 7 application won't open on my mac 10.13.6. It was working fine until today. Tried reinstalling it and it just freezes. No error message at all - just application not responding. My usual browser is Chrome and it is up to date. Help!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @thomsonlm,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. Any idea what might’ve changed just before this issue began?

Ben

• thomsonlm
    thomsonlm
    Community Member

Hi @Ben - nothing changed before this issue started. I've trashed the app and reinstalled it, reinstalled the chrome browser button and it's still not working. Any ideas?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@thomsonlm - no, not just from that description. If you haven't already, please try restarting your Mac and see if the issue persists. If you've already tried that, or trying it doesn't affect anything, then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95259/1password-7-wont-open-close-or-respond#latest
    • Your forum username: @thomsonlm

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• thomsonlm
    thomsonlm
    Community Member

@Lars I've just restarted and it works (so sorry! I should have tried that first!!!) Thank you though.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@thomsonlm - excellent news! Don't feel bad -- a restart has become such a tech support cliché that it's easy to forget to try that first. But the reason it's become a cliché is due to how often it can help. Let us know if you run into any other trouble, and have a great rest of your day. :)

This discussion has been closed.