Chrome 69 1Password 7.1.1 Mac OS 10.13.6 "1Password cannot identify your browser" [homebrew bug]

rmnelson
rmnelson
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

Uninstalled and reinstalled the 1Password extension. Restarted computer. Still no 1Password in the browser. Working fine before update to latest Chrome release. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• untcha
    untcha
    Community Member

Same here. Just upgraded to the newest Chrome version (69.0.3497.81) and the extension keeps saying "1Password cannot identify your browser"

1Password Version: 7.1.1 (70101001)
    Extension Version: 4.7.3.90

• deadbird
    deadbird
    Community Member

Same in here!

• setomits
    setomits
    Community Member

I just restarted 1Password app, and the extension works.

• deadbird
    deadbird
    Community Member

Restarted completely 1Password (closed it using Ctrl+Option to to so), still complaining about the browser not being signed.

• josefus
    josefus
    Community Member

Restarted completely 1Password (closed it using Ctrl+Option to to so), and the extensions works for now, too.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rmnelson, @untcha, @deadbird, @setomits, and @josefus - thanks for letting us know about this. When Chrome is in the middle of an auto-update, you may need to restart Chrome and 1Password to get the new bundle signature to match. I'm using this new version of Chrome (so round-y!) without issue at this point. Please give that a whirl (or restart your Mac, if you prefer, that will also do it), and let me know if you continue to have difficulties. Before letting me know, make sure you're also on the latest version of 1Password as well (6.8.9 for version 6 and 7.1.1 for version 7). Thanks! :)

• rmnelson
    rmnelson
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Nope; not working for me. Did the control/option/command/Q to quit 1Password, and for good measure killed 1Password processes in the terminal. Restarted my Mac and I'm still getting the message "1Password cannot identify your browser" and the extension doesn't work. Is this possibly related to updating Chrome through Brew? I didn't get an auto-update of Chrome; I forced it through Brew.

Edit: I uninstalled Chrome via brew, fully quit 1Password, restarted Mac, reinstalled Chrome. Still no workee.

• deadbird
    deadbird
    Community Member

I maybe should mention that I updated Chrome using Brew too.

• untcha
    untcha
    Community Member

Hi @Lars,

nothing changed. I restarted the MacBook, 1Password and Google-Chrome completely but I'm getting the same message upon launch of Chrome.
    Both 1Password and Chrome are installed and updated via homebrew (cask). Could this be the problem?

Thanks!

• rmnelson
    rmnelson
    Community Member

Homebrew-cask has an issue #51646 "Latest Google Chrome upgrade running in App Translocation" which means Chrome is not trusted by the Mac. Rather than screw around with it, I uninstalled Chrome again using brew cask, then installed Chrome using the google download link. Everything works. Terminal foo might fix the translocation issue, but so does reinstallation using the traditional download, unpack, install method.

• untcha
    untcha
    Community Member

Ok. The first message "1Password cannot identify your browser" might have had something to do with brew.
    I uninstalled Chrome completely, removed it from brew cask and downloaded a fresh .dmg from Google.

After the installation and after every start the 1Password Extension keeps saying "1Password can't save or fill in Google Chrome. Restarting your browser may resolve this issue."

It may not...

• untcha
    untcha
    Community Member

@rmnelson can you please post the link to the mentioned issue? Can't find it at github. I reinstalled Chrome, too but it didn't helped.

• untcha
    untcha
    Community Member

@rmnelson Thanks!

My last problem "1Password can't save or fill in Google Chrome" was just solved by restarting the Mac again. Just restarting Chrome and 1Password didn't helped.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that did the trick. Thanks for the update! :)

• txbi
    txbi
    Community Member

I can confirm this.
    Restarting the Mac even if you update via the Chrome-Updater is resolving the issue.
    Thanks for the trick! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@txbi - glad to hear this helped you as well. :) :+1:

• first_last
    first_last
    Community Member

FYI, I had a similar issue...

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/459279

Just copying my solution from that post here:

Actually, I just discovered my issue. The answer is available here:

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-cask/issues/51646#issuecomment-418885172

The commands I needed to run are:

xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app
    xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/1Password\ 7.app

I then did a FULL restart of 1Password and then also restarted Chrome. Probably restarting Mac might be better just to be safe.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• caarlos0
    caarlos0
    Community Member

The xattr thing did the trick for me too!

Thanks @first_last !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it. :)

• SIXfoot5ins
    SIXfoot5ins
    Community Member

The xattr thing fixed it for me, no need to restart

Thanks @first_last :)

• Lars
    Lars