Weak Password Message

JimGilmour
JimGilmour
Community Member

I see this is also a discussion for the Mac group, but the latest update to the Android version
now gives me a great big Red Message for some items that my password may be weak.
Some of these passwords are generated for me and have no ability to change.

Could we have an option either by item or globally where we have the ability to acknowledge this message
but disable it. Or maybe even move the message to the bottom of the item where it is less intrusive.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• saad
    edited September 2018

Hey @JimGilmour. Sorry to hear you’re getting a weak password warning for an item with a generated password. This may be because when the password was created, the password strength was not calculated and stored in the item. And now 1Password is reporting that as a weak password.

I’ll share your feedback with our team for adding the ability to dismiss the weak password warning.

In the meantime, if you can edit the item, change the password value by adding a space at the end of it and tap Save. Edit it again and remove the added space and Save, so you’re back with the original password. This will get 1Password to recalculate the password strength, and the warning may be dismissed depending on the password value.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

I’ll share your feedback with our team for adding the ability to dismiss the weak password warning.

Thank you, that is quite annoying for password that are weak but cannot be changed.

• No problem!

• numpty
    numpty
    Community Member

I'm seeing a number of my passwords in the android app with the same warning, however in web & windows application I have no weak passwords.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Thanks for reporting this @numpty. I'm seeing this myself on one item, and I'll pass it on to our developers to have a peek and see if we can stop Watchtower from reporting certain strong passwords as weak.

ref: android-289

This discussion has been closed.