To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can't find my secret code to install the chrome extension?

Options
ShanM
ShanM
Community Member

I have been using the paid version but I don't use IE as much and would like to move to Chrome. I'm not sure where to locate my secret key so I can finish the install?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ShanM

Do you have a subscription membership? Only 1Password subscription memberships have Secret Keys. If you do not have a membership please uninstall 1Password X from Chrome and instead install the 1Password Extension for Chrome:

Download for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Chrome, Linux | 1Password

1Password X will only work with a membership, but the more traditional extension will work either way.

Thanks.

Ben

• ShanM
    ShanM
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I have completed that step however it still wants a secret key and won't let me move forward ?

• Interesting. You definitely downloaded the one on the right, not the one on the left?

And the main 1Password application is functioning normally?

Ben

• ShanM
    ShanM
    Community Member
    Options

• Thanks, @ShanM. And the 1Password desktop app is functioning as expected? Could you please post a screenshot of the issue you’re having (where you’re being asked for a Secret Key in the extension)?

Also: It looks like you have some other password manager enabled (perhaps Chrome’s own password manager). This will cause difficulties with 1Password. Please be sure to disable any other password managers:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser | 1Password

Ben

• ShanM
    ShanM
    Community Member
    Options

are you able to do a screen share or a call to help me further?

• I’m sorry but we’re not. We could move the conversation to email if that would be preferable? You can email us at support+forum@1password.com. Please include a link to this thread in your email:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95302/

When you email in you’ll get a support ID back. Please post that ID here.

Ben

• ShanM
    ShanM
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help. It seems even though my desktop app is open, google chrome isn't recognizing that I'm signed in to the one password desktop app. Here are the screen shots for examples.

• @ShanM

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/459507/#Comment_459507
    • Your forum username: ShanM

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.