dropbox sync seems to be syncing just fine from my android but not my Macs (v6) ?

dt20180905a
dt20180905a
Community Member

I just noticed that on both of my Macs I get a "1Password will no longer sync with that folder" and dropbox sync isn't working. One Mac says that it hasn't synced for 2 days and the other says 39 days. What gives?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Dropbox sync

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @dt20180905a! I'm sorry for the trouble. I can't say for certain what the cause might be just from your description, so I'd like you to try the steps in our troubleshooting guide for Dropbox sync. Let us know how that works for you.

• dt20180905a
    dt20180905a
    Community Member

Thanks Lars for the reply! Yesterday before posting here I went through everything on that troubleshooting guide. Still no success.

• @dt20180905a

I’m sorry to hear that. The guide Lars mentioned contains all of the information that we have about troubleshooting possible issues with syncing via Dropbox. Unfortunately if you’ve already tried everything in the guide without success the best I can suggest is trying a different sync method:

As Dropbox is a 3rd party service there is only so much we have control over. I would suggest giving 1Password membership a try. It is a subscription service, and I understand you already have an investment in 1Password. If membership does work out during the 30 day trial please reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com with a link to this thread (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95308/) as well as any receipts you have for 1Password purchases and we’ll work something out.

Thanks.

Ben

• dt20180905a
    dt20180905a
    Community Member

I get the same "1Password will no longer sync with that folder" whether I pick iCloud, Dropbox, or Folder.
    Is that expected?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dt20180905a - I'm not quite sure what exactly you're seeing, since that's not an error message that 1Password displays, exactly. But our iCloud troubleshooting article is right here and it, too carries a similar notice:

If you're looking for a more-reliable method of using and syncing 1Password, I'd strongly recommend a 1password.com membership.

• dt20180905a
    dt20180905a
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

The error is coming from 1Password.

This appears whether I select iCloud, Dropbox, or Folder as the Sync target.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dt20180905a: There is no error in your screenshot. Can you clarify? What are you trying to do?

What is shown in your screenshot is 1Password telling you that changing your sync method will disable your existing sync configuration. That's necessary in order for it to sync with something else. You can't sync the same vault to multiple places. So if you want to change your sync setup, you'll need to disable it like that first, and then configure it the way you want.

• dt20180905a
    dt20180905a
    Community Member

Thanks brenty! That solved the issue! I disabled the sync and then was able to the 1Password.opvault in my Dropbox folder.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.