Not logging in automatically

miltonBA
miltonBA
Community Member

Hi all
My user name and password are placed in the correct areas but Im not getting pace the login screen I have to do it manually eg: press the go button and then I'm in "such an effete " LOL
I used to just do it by itself..
Cheers
Colin

iPassword is my No 1 Program on my iMac

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@miltonBA - thanks for the kind words about 1Password! I'm sorry for the trouble you're having just now. Can you let me know what version of macOS and of 1Password you're using, as well as what browser/extension version? Thanks.

• miltonBA
    miltonBA
    Community Member

Hello and thanks for the quick response

OS 10.13.6
    1Password 6.8.8
    Sorry - I don't know how to check the Browser/Ext Version

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@miltonBA - OK, thanks for the clarification. If you look in 1Password Preferences > Browsers, is the box marked "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" checked? If not, that may be your problem. If it IS checked, can you try quitting both your browser and 1Password? Make sure you Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Then re-launch both an see if the problem persists. If it does, would you be willing to share the URL of the site(s) you're having trouble with? Or is it all websites that this behavior occurs on?

• miltonBA
    miltonBA
    Community Member

Hello and thanks again
    it is now checked and all sites are opening
    Cheers
    Colin

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@miltonBA - hey, great! Glad to hear that was all it took and you're back up and running. Have a great weekend. :)

• miltonBA
    miltonBA
    Community Member

Hello Lars
    Ive sent 2 emails to 1Password regarding a problem Ive has since reinstalling 1Password on a newer computer and have't had a reply from anyone, its annoying seeing as I've always had great service from them before.
    Prehaps you can help me.

1Password is running but I don't have the 1Password Ext on my Safari Browser do I have to find the older Version 6 or download the newer version 7
    I payed for my .app a couple of years ago and I don't what to have to pay for it again the version I have at the moment is 6.8.8

Thanks Again
    Colin

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@miltonBA - sorry for the delay in our reply. We answer support requests in the order we receive them, so there will usually be a slight delay. Lately, we've been inundated with support requests, so we're not at our usual quick response times. One of us will be with you shortly via email. If you need to reinstall the 1Password extension, you can get it from the Safari Extensions Gallery. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.