1Password Working on iOS but not on Mac - Help!

RobertoVerde
RobertoVerde
Community Member

1Password "appears" to be working fine on my new iPhone 8 (upgraded from old iPhone 6 via iCloud). It says both of the vaults are used are syncing via Dropbox and it shows the file name and correct directories in Dropbox.

However, Dropbox on the Mac is not showing the files as being recently modified and I cannot access the opvaults on the Mac.

How can I make sure I don't lose the data I have AND then get sync working again?

Please advise.

1Password Version: 6.8.x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@RobertoVerde - I'm sorry for the trouble! First of all, don't panic -- unless you start deleting things, you won't be losing your data. When you say you "cannot access the opvaults on the Mac," what do you mean? If you go in 1Password for Mac to Preferences > Sync, what is the specific file-path for your vaults? Does it end in .agilekeychain or .opvault? And is it the exact same file-path as the ones on your new iPhone 8?

• RobertoVerde
    RobertoVerde
    Community Member

iPhone says it is syncing to (using Dropbox):
    /App Data/1Password.opvault

Mac says it is syncing to:
    /users/{my-username}/Dropbox//App Data/1Password.opvault

The mac file system says the file 1Password.opvault has not been updated in months.

Please advise.

• RobertoVerde
    RobertoVerde
    Community Member

@Lars any idea?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RobertoVerde: Sorry for the trouble there! Unfortunately since we're not Dropbox, we don't have any real insight into why it might not sync the data in your case. So ultimately you may need to contact them for help with their service. But since Dropbox definitely works here, there's a good chance you just have something misconfigured. This guide will walk you through checking everything out:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

That will take you through making sure everything is setup right on each device. If you're still having trouble, let me know the specifics. For example, what is "6.8.x" for a version number? If you'll give us the actual OS, 1Password, and Dropbox versions on each device involved, I'm sure we can point you in the right direction. Thanks in advance! :)

• RobertoVerde
    RobertoVerde
    Community Member

this has been resolved - it was caused by a corrupted mac user account - who knew?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@RobertoVerde - glad to hear it was resolved! Though I can't say we actually "knew" in this case, that is definitely one of the things we touch on, whenever we hear a user saying 1Password is behaving in a way we know it shouldn't (or not behaving the way it's supposed to): if it's not a few other explanations, then a corrupted user account or even copy of macOS itself, is sometimes the issue. Sounds like you're back up and running, but let us know if you have any other issues. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.