Open and Fill and command-\ are not working

froghammer
froghammer
Community Member

New MacBookPro14,3
macOS 10.13.6 (17G65)
1Password 7 Version 7.1.1 (70101000) Mac App Store

When I go to a website requiring login and hit command-\, I get the small box saying "Search 1Password" at the top and, despite the suggested items displaying my default browser correctly, I also see the message "Install the 1Password extension..."

When I open the 1Password application, select a site and click "Open and Fill", my browser is brought to the front (given focus) but nothing else happens.

I have tested with both Opera and Google Chrome set as the default browser (and with all other extensions disabled); the behavior is the same every time.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Family account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@froghammer - I'm sorry for the trouble! where is 1Password located? Is it installed in your /Applications folder? Or somewhere else? Do you have more than one copy of 1Password installed on your hard drive or any associated external hard drives? If you have only one copy of 1Password and it's in /Applications, then please remove your 1Password extensions from your browsers, restart your Mac and, in each browser, visit https://1pw.ca/browser to re-install the proper 1Password extension. Let me know how that works for you.

• froghammer
    froghammer
    Community Member

@lars - 1Password is located in my user Applications folder ( ~/Applications ). That's the only copy installed. Do I need to move it to the system Applications folder?

• froghammer
    froghammer
    Community Member

@lars - I moved 1Password to the system Applications folder and all is well. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@froghammer - yup, that'll do it, every time. Sorry for the confusion/inconvenience. By way of explanation, for the first time ever in 1Password 7 for Mac, we are a fully sandboxed app. That means we have better integration with macOS's system security/protections, but it also means you must (by order of Apple/macOS) locate 1Password in /Applications -- whether you have the Mac App Store version of 1Password or the version downloaded directly from us.

Glad to hear things are now set; have a great weekend! :)

• froghammer
    froghammer
    Community Member

@Lars That's great. Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@froghammer - you're quite welcome. Glad I was able to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.