To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

licence key

Options
atabak
atabak
Community Member

I reinstalled my pc (windows) and installed 1Password. I Can't add my licence key now. I have just the option to add a licence file...
Is there a way to use my licence key?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @atabak! I'm sorry for the trouble. What version of 1Password is currently installed, and what version do you have a license for?

• atabak
    atabak
    Community Member
    Options

I installed the newest version 7 and the license is for the version 4.

• Thanks for the info @atabak. That would explain it. 1Password 7 requires either a 1Password membership subscription (recommended) or a 1Password 7 for Windows license. You can read more about the upgrade here:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever - AgileBits Blog

And further details on the upgrade options are outlined in this guide:

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Windows

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• atabak
    atabak
    Community Member
    Options

Can i download somewhere the old version of 1Password?

• Yes, our downloads page: https://1password.com/downloads/ (at the bottom). Please note though that the old version (v4) is no longer being updated, and so it is quite possible that other software updates (Windows, browsers, etc) will make it incompatible with your system. As such this is really only a temporary measure. We can’t really recommend running old versions of 1Password, your OS, or your web browsers.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.