Can I change the preferences for the password generator always to use pronounceable words?

Options
moogthemoog
moogthemoog
Community Member

Can I change the preferences for the password generator always to use pronounceable words? On my iPhone and using Chrome, it seems to default to using random characters, but I much prefer the pronounceable words with hyphens. Can't see any setting to allow this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password generator

Comments

• Hi @moogthemoog

There isn't a preference to use one or the other -- they are both always available. If you're using the 1Password for iOS app it'll remember which option you last used (just tested to confirm).

If you are using 1Password for iOS and are not seeing it remember your last used option could you please walk me through the steps your going through?

Ben

• moogthemoog
    moogthemoog
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, it remembers the last choice (3 random words) when regenerating a new password but when creating a new login it defaults to the random characters. It did remember my choice when creating a new bank account though.

• @moogthemoog

I was able to confirm the same experience here. Unfortunately as I mentioned there isn’t a preference to change this, but I’ll speak with development and see if perhaps this is something they’d consider having 1Password remember your last used selection for, instead of defaulting to characters. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Ben

• moogthemoog
    moogthemoog
    Community Member
    Options

No problem, I'm glad it wasn't just something I was doing wrong! Hopefully the developers will sort it.

Many thanks Ben!

Jon

• You’re very welcome @moogthemoog :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.