Can't add shared vault to iOS

alickerman
alickerman
Community Member

I just purchased a family subscription and added me and my wife to it. We've both downloaded 1Password 7 onto our iMacs. We had previously synced with dropbox. We've successfully deleted those vaults on our iMacs and are now sharing one family vault. On my iPhone, under Settings-->Vaults I'm given the ability to click "New Vault," which is how I linked to our shared family vault on my iPhone. I then deleted my old vaults on my iPhone (the ones that had synced with Dropbox). On my wife's iPhone, however (mine is an iPhone X, hers is an iPhone 7, but we're both on the latest version of iOS) in the same Settings-->Vaults, she's only offered "Add Demo Vault" and "Sync Additional Vault" (the latter of which only allows her to sync to the two vaults she already has). There's no way we can figure out how to add our new shared family vault to her iPhone. Help!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: family shared vault
Referrer: forum-search:can't add a new vault to iPhone 1Password7

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018

Hi @alickerman

Is your wife's phone signed into her account that is part of your 1Password Families membership? You can check in 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts. Also, does she have a "Primary" vault on the iPhone? That you can check in 1Password > Settings > Vaults.

"New Vault" creates additional vaults; it doesn't link existing ones.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.