Can I fully use all devices with 1 subscription

srna513006
srna513006
Community Member

Dear forum members,

I have been considering for some time to switch to a Password Manager.
At this moment I use the following devices ..

MacBook Pro 2016 High Sierra 10.13.6
iPad 4 Mini IOS 11.4.1
Samsung S7 Android 8.0.0
Samsung S9 Android 8.0.0

My question is, can I synchronize these 4 devices with one subscription to 1Password so that I can fully use / apply the same passwords on all devices?

Jürgen Lenzing
the Netherlands

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

If you subscribe you can use 1PW on all your devices.

That definitely works for you and for most people, but some people might have very old devices for which current and recent versions of 1PW do not work.

• srna513006
    srna513006
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response.

Still a question.
    If I want to synchronize the 4 devices mentioned above with 1PW, can that be done with the standard version of $ 2.99 or is that only possible with the Family version of $ 4.99?
    All devices are logged in under the same name / account.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

If it is only the one user then the standard version is enough.

• Yep — as danco mentioned you’d be able to accomplish this with an individual membership. The consideration is how many people are involved, not how many devices. With membership there is no hard limit on the number of devices you can use 1Password on; they just have to be compatible with our software.

Ben

• srna513006
    srna513006
    Community Member

Hmm, with the different devices it will succeed but it concerns 2 people, myself and my wife.
    My wife uses a Smartphone S7 with the Android 8.0 and the iPad Mini.

Although all devices are installed under my account, my wife uses her own account for the Google Apps and Facebook on the 2 apps mentioned.

Is that still possible with one subscription?

• If you and your wife want to have separate Personal vaults to store your individual information but be able to share some (or most) logins via a shared vault you’ll want a 1Password Families membership for that.

Ben

• srna513006
    srna513006
    Community Member

Ok, I think I understand.
    I'm going to install a test version of 30 days and I hope I understand everything.

Maybe still a question.
    If I have correctly installed 1PW and entered the various passwords, can I switch off the Keychain Option on my Apple devices?

• Great. :)

And you could turn off iCloud Keychain, but I wouldn’t recommend it. In iOS 12 1Password will have integration with iCloud Keychain via the Password Autofill feature which’ll make it possible to fill your credentials into more apps. Additionally 1Password will use iCloud Keychain now to store your Secret Key, which can be helpful.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.